Monday 21 October 2013

Guardian, New Look and Hedgehogs

Guardian...I was really trilled earlier this month to discover that the piece I had written for the Guardian's 'Marketing and PR excellence' small business showcase had been selected for publication on their website http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/oct/10/showcase-marketing-pr-arc-jewellery  

I must admit that the text was written very (very) late on the evening before our holiday. The deadline for entries was the following day (how had I managed to leave it so late!) when we would be on our travels so I had to get it done quickly.  After several edits I was able to whittle it down to the required 250 words.  I clicked the send button then forgot about it, so it was a lovely surprise to receive an email from the Guardian saying that my copy was to be included on their website.  Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it'll be shortlisted for the next phase of the showcase.

For details of the forthcoming showcase categories and how to submit an entry yourself click here...
http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/jul/16/about-small-business-showcase


Amethyst brooch pendant available from ARC Jewellery 



**************

New Look...as many of you know I have 3 online shops, www.arcjewellery.co.uk being the main one but I also sell through Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ARCJewellery) and Folksy (www.folksy.com/shops/ARCJewellery)

Folksy has recently made some changes to its shopfronts and to the way in which a shop keeper can manage stock and layout their store.  At first I wasn't sure about this new look and there were a few teething problems (as there always is with new software) but after using it for a few days I am already beginning to see the benefits of the new design and I do like the clean, crisp appearance of my new Folksy shop.


***********

Hedgehogs...I wanted to share this little hedgehog with you.  Isn't she lovely! Hedgehogs remind me of Autumn (my favourite time of year) and hibernating (one of my favourite things to do at this time of year) and this one (named Mabel) is available from Sara Carr on Folksy http://folksy.com/items/2080033-Mabel-Hedgehog-Lambswool-Plush-In-stock




2 comments:

  1. Just been to read your guardian article, very interesting. And very impressive being published by the Guardian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. There are some very interesting articles on that site and good advice so worth having a read through.

    ReplyDelete