Thursday 14 June 2012

Web updates and postal option changes...

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks at arc jewellery.  I've been creating some new designs and additional stock for some upcoming events as well as trying out some new tools and techniques.  I managed to find time to photograph my work and restock the virtual shelves in my shop at www.arcjewellery.co.uk 

There are some classic pieces here as well as some more unusual designs.

I have also decided to review the postage options available to customers when purchasing jewellery from my online shop. In the past I have preferred to use the Royal Mail 'signed for' service so that I can track when parcels are delivered.  However, I have discovered that quite often a signature isn't even requested and the parcel just gets put through the letterbox in the usual way meaning that no tracking information is available anyway.  

The other side of this is when the postal service do insist on collecting a signature and the recipient is out.  They then have the inconvenience of having to go to the sorting office to collect the parcel themselves.  

With all of this in mind I have decided to offer 4 options for UK delivery still using Royal Mail:
First class, Second class, First class 'signed for' and Second class 'signed for'.  

There are two options for overseas deliveries: Airmail standard small parcel service or Airmail 'signed for' parcel service.

I think there is still the occasional need for using 'signed for' especially when sending a gift that you want to track to make sure that it has arrived safely and on time.  For the most part though it seems that regular post is not only the more convenient but also the most cost effective option.

******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment